John from Growing Your Greens goes on a field trip to Swank Specialty Produce that grows over 350 varieties of vegetables and uses 90 minerals to grow the best tasting food.
In this episode, John will visit a farm in South Florida growing both Hyrdoponic Shade House Grown and Organic Full Sun Production.
You will get a full tour of the farm including many of the crops they are currently growing, how they are growing them. You will learn how important it is to grow diversity in your garden and grow specific varieties of crops for success instead of failure.
You will also discover the special trace minerals they use to grow the best tasting food.
Finally, John will interview Darren Swank, the farmer who has been been in the business of farming for 13+ years now and ask him the following questions:
Questions answered in the video:
- Is there any such thing as Organic Hydroponics?
- What Nutrients do you use in your Hydroponic System?
- How do you control pests using organic methods?
- Why is it important to be proactive instead of reactive for pest control?
- What organic control do you use for Powderly Mildew?
- How important is growing diversity in crops?
- What are the easiest vegetables to grow in South Florida?
- How important is educating the public if you are a farmer?
- How can people learn more about and contact your farm
Want more like this?
This is just one aspect of self-reliance. You'll find more in our 100% free online Self-Reliance Catalog, a carefully curated collection of the best in self-reliance & resilience
The goal of The Self-Reliance Catalog is to help you know better what is worth getting and where and how to do the getting, whether that “thing” is a plant, a tool, a book, or even a design for a home or greenhouse.
Set up your free account here for instant access